We will follow the health and safety guidelines as set forth by the LDOE, CDC, and the individual school systems for Bossier, Caddo and DeStoto Parishes. The guidelines* include but are not limited to the following:
- Daily temperature checks of students and employees.
- Increased cleaning of high-touch surfaces.
- Face covering for all adults and children in 3rd grade and above.
- Handwashing upon arrival, at least every two hours, before and after eating, before and after using outdoor equipment, and before leaving YEP.
- Maintaining static groups for K5 to 2nd grade and social distancing for older students to the maximum extent possible.
*guidelines will be updated and changed as needed.
Each student will receive an individually sealed and labelled bag containing: 1 pk. of crayons, 1 pk. of markers, 2 pencils, 1 lg. eraser, 1 pr. of scissors and 1 glue stick.
We will continue to offer the following enrichment activities: journal writing, arts and crafts, and self-esteem/conflict resolution.
We will temporarily no longer offer group games, unless social distancing is possible.
Open enrollment for NEW students will begin for all sites on May 26th. This does not include Kingston.
Open enrollment for Kingston will begin on June 1st.
- Download and print YEP’s registration form, located under Documents.
- Submit the completed registration form and your child(ren)’s immunization records by email (email@example.com) or by mail (4700 Line Avenue, Suite 207, Shreveport, LA 71106), email is preferred. Please do not fax registration forms.
- YEP accepts the following forms of payment: check*, money order*, debit, Visa, Mastercard and Discover. AMERICAN EXPRESS IS NOT ACCEPTED. Online payments can be made under “Make a Payment”.
- Annual registration fee: 1 child- $30 ($30.70 online); 2 or more children- $40 ($40.94 online).
*Please include your child(ren)’s name and school on check/money orders.
- Once your child(ren)’s registration form and fee has been accepted, you will receive an email (if provided) or telephone call letting you know that your child(ren) has been registered.
- If the site is full, you will be notified and put on the waiting list .
Site Spot Availability
Elm Grove- 7
Sun City (AM) – 5
Sun City (PM) – 21
W. T. Lewis- FULL
A.C. Steere- 12
Shreve Island- 20
North DeSoto (L) – 8
North DeSoto (U) – 17
*Waiting list are available for all full sites. To be put on the waiting list for any full sites, please call 318-865-0749.
With the uncertainty of Covid-19 and for the health and safety of our community, YEP will not offer Summer Camp this year. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to serving you next summer.
YEP is grateful to be able to provide services to over 100 children in our community at the YEP plus sites, due to the grant awards and donations from:
The Alta and John Franks Foundation
Carolyn W. and Charles T. Beaird Family Foundation
Mrs. Harold R. Bicknell
Ms. Marjorie Briley
Ms. Leigh Chambers
Employee’s Community Fund of the Boeing Company
The Community Foundation of North Louisiana and the
United Way of Northwest Louisiana Grant Fund of the
The Community Foundation-Terry and Ronny Davis
Donor Advised Fund
Fleaux Services of Louisiana
Ms. Julie Gilley
The Grayson Foundation
Hansen Oil Corporation
O. Delton Harrison, Jr. Charitable Fund
The H.E. Storer Charitable Foundation
Ms. Cynthia Jamison
KidCents The Rite Aid Foundation
Mrs. Harvey Anne Leimbrook
Ms. Stephanie Lusk
The Magale Foundation
Mr. George Nelson
The Powers Foundation
Roxanne and Bill Prentice
Mr. Justin Ricou
St. Mark’s Community Ministries Committee
Ms. Carole Sinclair
Mr. and Mrs. Sam J. Talbot
Mr. Jerrod Tinsley
Ms. Susan Watts
Michele and Jacques Wiener
Dr. and Mrs. Lacy William